Subscribe to GSDelish through E-mail!

Get all the latest GSMISTS Product Sale and Cookie information via e-mail. Sign up to get GSDelish Blog posts today!

Subscribe to GS Delish by Email

Monday, November 29, 2010

What I am thankful for this Thanksgiving

What are you thankful for this year? With Thanksgiving a distant memory (it was a whole 4 days ago), I would like to spread some gratefulness. For me, this Thanksgiving represents family. I am so blessed to have my immediate family all in town. There were 22 of us who ate, laughed and played games on Thanksgiving. I learned a new game this year- Hand and Foot. I lost but am vowing to practice up for a rematch at Christmas! I am thankful for family-- that all the people near to me were all under 1 roof- grandparents, parents, siblings, nieces & nephews. That, to me- is Thanksgiving.

I had a new experience this year- Black Friday shopping. Up until this year, I have been on the other side of retail. 1 of my sisters pulled an all nighter (note: I will NEVER do this!). She did score some amazing deals and it truly wass the thrill of the hunt for her. My other sister and I went to the mall from 8-9 AM and then out to eat for breakfast with our whole family to talk about all the fun we had. Some pulled all nighters- some went out at 4 or 6 AM.

I am thankful this year for health, for a new job and for the priviledge of getting to work with all of you--- a truly amazing group of volunteers! So, whatever you did this past weekend- I hope it was done with gratitude and with those people closest to your heart.

Happy post-Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment