Subscribe to GSDelish through E-mail!

Get all the latest GSMISTS Product Sale and Cookie information via e-mail. Sign up to get GSDelish Blog posts today!

Subscribe to GS Delish by Email

Friday, October 8, 2010

Stepping into the past

I have come to the end of my 1st official week on the job. There is so much I am learning! Our volunteers are truly the backbone of this organization. There are over 4,500 of you out there helping make Girl Scouts of Michigan Shore to Shore what it is today- a thriving organization supporting girls! That is so exciting! My main goal through this blog is to make sure all of you have the knowledge you need to support our girls in terms of product sales. It is you who are the heart and soul of Girl Scouts. Many have not only been long time volunteers, but Girl Scouts as well! I dug deep into history to pull out some 'gems' from the past. Oftentimes before planning the future- we need to look into the past. Girl Scouts has such a rich legacy!

I went on ebay and discovered many historical Girl Scouts memorabilia. My 1st item is a 1920s Girl Scouts pencil box. The White blouse and Black bloomers were customary as Girl Scout Camping Uniforms in the 1920s. Wow!

Another find- a 1918-1920 Girl Scout Badge Pin. My research shows that this is a very rare Trefoil pin, the second Trefoil made, the first one ran 1914-1917 and looks the same but without the GS on the top. Type 2 ran from 1918-1927. This particular one was made 1918-1920 it has 3 stripes on the shield, also called Type 2A.

Those are my fun facts for today. Thanks for going with me today on a little historical journey. I am learning everything I can presently and looking forward to a great future with Girl Scouts!













No comments:

Post a Comment