Subscribe to GSDelish through E-mail!

Get all the latest GSMISTS Product Sale and Cookie information via e-mail. Sign up to get GSDelish Blog posts today!

Subscribe to GS Delish by Email

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas!


Merry Christmas everyone! I hope everyone has a safe holiday season! What are your Christmas traditions? I am the oldest of 4 girls. When we were little, I would wake them up in the middle of the night (I barely slept anyway) and we would gather in my room. The night before, we taped Xs on the stairs on all the creaky spots so we could sneak downstairs in the middle of the night to check out the presents. We hid flashlights under our beds. We thought we were oh-so-sneaky! My Dad always changed all the Xs around on the stairs. We would go 2 by 2 downstairs to see the presents and find out who was getting the biggest present, etc. etc. It was very exciting! I still don't sleep much the night before Christmas. Excitement is in the air! My Grandma and I still bake cookies together (peanut butter balls are my favorite!). She wraps all the presents and puts them in neat piles (clothes pile, toys pile), all upside down so no one can snoop. It's funny how those traditions still hold true today. After presents, when my Grandpa was alive, he brought out the infamous huge box of chocolates. My Grandma carries on that tradition still and with extended family- breaks out the box of chocolates. And as our family has grown, that one box of chocolates has turned into 3!

As I type this blog- I cannot wait for this last day of work to be complete and to dive into our annual traditions. I hope all of you have a blessed Christmas filled with your own special traditions and family moments.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment